If you died right now...

do you know if you would go to heaven. How would you know?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 3:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would be dead in my grave until "the dead in Christ shall rise first" (1 Thessalonians 4:16).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would go to heaven. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, and while I may be a sinner, I ask for forgiveness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't know.

I don't know anyone who knows for sure. I don't know how anyone can know for sure.

But I like the idea of reincarnation (another chance to learn more) better than 'all done, too bad if you made bad choices without knowing everything.' There is something about that which feels really mean, to me.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i WOULD GO TO HEAVEN :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i would go into an urn, and thats it.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 3:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• For Christians...absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 7:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• missamerica1, that verse refers to the unconsciousness of death. If a person dies in Christ, His next conscious thought will be the resurrection of the just. If he/she dies without Christ, he/she will wake up in the second resurrection of damnation. (Daniel 12:2, John 5:28-29; Rev. 20:4-14; 22:11-12...KJV) If we all go to Heaven immediately upon death, why would Jesus promise to come back and take us to the mansions He is preparing for us? ( John 14:1-3) Why would He bring our rewards with Him? (Rev. 22:11-12...KJV) Why would He need to raise the dead at all if they never really died in the first place? Why is King David, a man after God's own heart, not in Heaven yet? (1 Kings 2:10; Acts 13:36;Acts 2:29,34...KJV)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You can't go somewhere that doesn't exist. 

My first destination will be the morgue, second will be the crematorium and third will be a diamond.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Nope. I don't know and nobody else knows. Know why? Because nobody has mental powers that I do not! Nobody has been there and seen it for themselves, then come back to tell the tale. (Except Jesus, but nobody knows if he existed either!) So therefore, if I do not know, neither does anyone else.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Personally, I do not believe in the existence of Heaven. 

When I die, I believe my soul will be reincarnated as it still has MUCH to learn.

If there is a Heaven and it is as most Christians believe (you have to accept Jesus as your savior, etc, etc) I will gladly sit in the depths of Hell with the likes of Gandhi, Buddha, etc. 

I would rather be punished for staying true to my heart, soul and mind then go to Heaven and go against everything that feels right within every inch of my being.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2009