i placed my baby for adoption..it has been almost 5 months since they got my baby and i have the papers from the court..is it possible to terminate it and get my angel back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no i believe you only have 24 hours form the time the baby was born...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• call a lawyer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• actually a bio parent has a year to change their mind , i believe . call a lawyer and see what you can do
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• yeah u deffinately can
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Why? this child already sees this couple as its parents.
    What has changed in 5 months that you decided you have to be with this child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm not saying this to be rude so please don't take it that way... but you might want to remind yourself of the reasons you felt you were unable or maybe just didn't want to care for and keep your baby a few months ago. Someone has adopted or is trying to I'm assuming and has been taking care of this baby every single night. Dealing with the parenting part of things. Emotional changes postpartum are common and regrets along with grieving over giving a child up for adoption are as well. Just like some women deal with an unplanned pregnancy and choose to keep their baby what would we say if that mom wanted to give her little angel away 5 months later. It's called dealing and I think you already did. Now get some counseling to work through your ever changing emotions.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• in my state and in ny u the bi parents have 6 months to change their mind. just remind ur self that y u did this in the first place. if i had ot give a child up i would go with a open adaption. this type of adapotion allows u to be apart of ur childs life.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 6:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Wake up call!

You already know you made the right choice. It is not your angel. That sweet baby has a life and parents who love her, stay up at night when she feels bad and play with her when she feels good.

How cruel! How could you take her away from the only family she has ever known, because you have an attack of DNA ? You were thinking about your baby once, do it again. If you were thinking about your baby, you would already know she needs to be with the parents she knows. You are thinking about yourself.

Young girls find out too late that babies depend on their parents for their very existence. That means zero time for yourself. Girls find out too late that having a baby to have someone to love them back is never going to happen...never.

Suck it up and leave the baby with its own family.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 6:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I agree with what LeftBrainy said!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Please just don’t do this even if you can it is completely unethical. I was adopted and I can tell you with all my heart they have in these last 5 months made the parental bond with the parents. When that baby cries for its Mama it is not you he/she wants. You made a life, made the wonderful choice to keep that life and then give it to someone who (more than likely) is unable to have an angle baby another way…it is so normal for you to have regrets and be confessed but please seek help through counseling and let this child be the angle gift you originally gave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009