Has anyone rec'd the nova sure procedure to relieve pre menopausal symptoms? I think that is the correct spelling. It is outpatient surgery and they actually burn out your uterin lining to reduce painful periods and stuff that goes along with that. I could use some advice.

My ob/gyn has left the decision up to me and I am not sure what to choose. Has anyone had the procedure? I know two people who have and they both say it is worth the one or two days of discomfort.

driftwood

Asked by driftwood at 3:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Health

• Have you explored all of your options? I take black cohosh to manage my menopausal symptoms.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My doctor offered me this option when I was having extremely bad periods. He said its not foolproof because they lining can grow back..

My closest freind had it done, her problems have returned. Along with her uterine lining. She is begging her doctor for a hysterectomy. I told her becareful what you wish for.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 7:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2009