Help help help help before I go insane!!!

This is my first one being a mom. It's 4am and my 6 week old won't stop crying. I've tried everything to calm her down and he won't go to bed. She isn't sleep during the day. I put her on her belly, binki, fed her, burped her well, tried the swing, tried crying it out, triedkeeping her warm, took the blanket off too, tried swinging her. Tried bouncy, tried tummy time.. She won't stop crying and it's getting me sooooooo angry and I feel guilty!!

Help!!!! What can I do :(

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 4:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am assuming you changed her, but that wasn't mentioned. Is she in pain? It may be colic or an illness. Do you own a dryer? If you do, lay a thick towel down on the top of the dryer, lay your baby on that, start the dryer. Make sure you hold her in place so she doesn't fall. She is that doesn't help. Also, you can try taking off your shirt and holding your baby to your skin. She can hear your heartbeat better that way, and it is soothing, as it is familiar to her. If you feel it is an emergency or you can't get her to stop crying and you think you may be losing control of the situation, take her to an urgent care facility or the ER and get some medical attention, or call someone to talk or to see if they can come over and help. I know it is late, but if it is that, or blow your top, the former is the better option. Good luck. I will try and think of other ideas for you!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• does she have gas? could it be colic? what about singing to her? or show her something? tell her you're there and she's safe??? I don't really have any other ideas.... i know it's hard! all you can really do is keep trying over again!
    One thing my dad told me is when you get frustrated, put baby in the crib, take a few minutes to calm yourself down.... watch tv for a couple min just to calm down. Then go back and when I tried that, it always helped right away! Like there was something I missed!!!
    I hope she sleeps for you and stops crying soon! GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Or go for a car ride if that is an option for you. You can lay her on her back and "bicycle" her feet if you think it may be gas pain. Or you can lay her down tummy down on your laps and kind of roll her conveyor belt style over your legs. That will help work that gas out and the pressure will kind of let up. Have you checked for diaper rash or she is showing signs of teething? I know it seems early for that, but it can happen.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I tried skin to skin and soft music. She just kept kicking me. I have another lump on my boob from BF so I'm in pain and it's hard to gol we when her weight touches it. I don't have a dryer. I go to the laundry mat. Her diaper was clean. She doesn't have gas. Usually if they do ur supposed to put them on they're belly on ur arm. But she hated it. :(

I HATE how my fiancé didn't get up. Her and I both were just screaming
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• have you checked for a temp???
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh yeah. Go wake his ass up now, and then go take a shower or a bath or go for a walk if you feel safe enough in your area. He needs to be helping you and her now. Is going for a car ride an option for you? Check her little gums and see if they look swollen. If she is trying to chew a lot or is drooling a lot she may be teething. My daughter wasn't much older than that when she started. If that is the case, you can put a wet washcloth in the fridge or the freezer for a minute or two and let her chew on that. I am hoping something else will pop into my head that maybe you haven't thought of yet.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would say you need to count to yourself or out loud, so you can calm down! Your baby knows when you are upset and will grow increasingly upset too! If you can't figure anything else out go throw a pillow at your Fiance and tell him to HELP!!! My son use to cry and cry and I had no idea what was going on, he acted like he was in pain. Turned out he had been constipated and was trying so hard to expell his waste, poor guy. Good Luck, keep us posted! And remember never shake a baby! My son was shaken by a care taker.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 4:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• She makes an excellent point. How have her bowels been? Has she been having lots of wet diapers?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• take her temp honey
    see is she is sick
    if she is gassy you can get mylicon drops to help with that .
    i know its frustrating honey and very stressful but try keeping calm , id go wake up your man and tell him to help .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i would get ur man up right now...if he has to work to damn bad he need to help u out so u can relax. some times babies like to cry...my dh tell me that all the time when we take r friends baby and hes like that. i know its frustrating exspeacialy when people tell u babies cry for a reason but sometimes that reason is a mystery. my dd was the same was when i bf her. i bought gas drop for her and when she cry for more then a hr id give her a drop or two of it and it would sooth her. also if u have a ceiling fan, or something that flashes lights like a strob light this to help. i had to do lots of walking with my dd...try to relax she can sense ur upset and frustrated with maybe up setting her.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 6:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2009