How come...

when you are spoken for you have a line a guy's, wanting you, a mile long. And once you are free and ready to mingle you find yourself pondering this question?

lmsar

Asked by lmsar at 5:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I have found that guys (esp. online) are like kids in a GREAT BIG candy store. They want to try the candy that the other guy has, but once it's available, they see something they think they want more, and they focus on that for awhile. Then they move on. I don't know, but it was that way while I was married, had tons of guys trying to hit, but now that I am separated and getting divorced, pssshhh nothing. That's no explaination but I have no clue. I am not out there with a neon sign flashing "desperate" on my forehead, either. I just think that there are ALOT of available females out there, and the guys that are actually decent dating and marriage material are far too few and far between.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 6:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I think it's a chemical that females release that men react to.
    When we are taken, we release a chemical of love, harmony, and content that drive other men to want what they can't have and to crave what they always want. They become competitive with your husband in an indirect way.
    When we are available, we release chemicals of being needy, wanting to latch on, and to become dependent, even though we may not have those intentions. Men sense those chemicals and stay far from them because they don't want to be the first to make the committment with you. If they do connect with you it is only for sex, unless you come across a man who is looking for a committment and is compatible with you.
    It's all in the chemicals.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Haha I don't know the question to your answer, but it's like that for my husband and I, too. While we were both single (meaning before we were married), before we met, neither one of us could ever get a date, then we met each other. After we got married, I swear he ALWAYS has a girl trying to get with him LOL! Even right in front of me! It was like that for me, too, the whole first year that we were married. At one point it got ridiculous!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• lol I've always thought that. It's like women give off some sort of "I'm taken" pheromone that makes them come running, huh?

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• No risk. They can be free to flirt and lavish the complements because they are in no danger of having to see it though. You are now "forbid fruit"!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2009