how long did you REALLY wait after giving birth?

the recommended time period is 6 weeks.

my hubby was gone for naval basic training and came back only for a few days for the birth of our daughter. we waited 4 days after a vaginal birth/episiotomy. it hurt like hell.

how long did you wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• We waited 6 weeks with all 3 of our kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Your crazy. I waited 41/2 weeks and was in so much pain i thought i was dieing. You should tell your doctor cause you weren't healed at all and you can get a really bad infection.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• about 3 weeks
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 7:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• We waited 2 weeks and then took it slowly with lots of warm up. We were fine and it was no different. Felt good to reconnect
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 7:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• 8 weeks
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• 5 weeks and took our time and it hurt a little but it was nice
    shadowia30

Answer by shadowia30 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I had a vaginal birth and tore so had stitches..we tried after 5 weeks and it hurt! Still hurt til about 10 weeks PP! I can't believe you only waited 4 days....crazy!!! Makes me hurt just thinking about that!! I still couldn't even sit down w/o it hurting 4 days after....ouch!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• about 3 weeks or so
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• my husband just got back from iraq after i had our 2nd child by c-section and we had sex 12 days after her birth. after my vaginal birth though i waited a lot longer so im sure thats more painful than after a c-section, but the docs still give you the same timeframe either way, 6 weeks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• 3 weeks with my first. He came home on R&R from Iraq at that time. I was afraid it would hurt, but it didn't. I also didn't have any stitches or rips, tears, or cuts, down there.

It was about 3 weeks with my second as well. He had to leave for a couple of weeks for training about a week after the birth of our son. I was still bleeding when he left, so that was a no go. When he came home 2 weeks later, we did "it". Again, it didn't hurt at all. I also had no stitches or anything down there.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2009