how do you dress a toddler for the beach - swim shirt, rash guard?

do you have them go shirtless (boys) or do you keep them in a swim shirt/ rash guard shirt the whole time for swimming? how do those shirts work - i assume they dry very quickly once out of the water so they dont need to keep changing? if you wear these shirts, since most of them say they are uv protecting, does that mean you don't need to put on sunscreen all over their belly, etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use them on my kids. They do dry fast and I ALWAY'S slather them head to toe w/ kids sunscreen even when they have them on. I also have my twins wear sun hats to keep the sun out of eyes and off cheeks.
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 12:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i put my dd in a bathing suit and slather her in sunscreen. she doesnt go swimming, everytime the waves come in she turns around and runs back going oh no, oh no, oh no, like its going to gobble her up or something lol. so we just dig a hole in the sand fill it with water and she plays in there. and she also wears a hard and sunglasses to protect her beautiful eyes.
    Anonymous

• i meant hat not hard!
    Anonymous