When you were younger how did your parents explain thunder?

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL. my granny just said its the tater wagon! lol
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My mom told me god was moving his living room around and the lighting was he droppedthe lamp again.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My granny told us it was the angels bowling and lightening was God taking our picture...when it rained she said God was crying for his lost ones to come home....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• When I was really young it was "God bowling"...by grade school mom gave me the scientific explanation.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I haven't actually explained what it is, I just tell my son that it is part of a storm. He was terrified of thunder and lightning until we sat at the screen door and watched one night :)
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I was told that thunder were the Angels bowling and the lightening was their strikes...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one that was told about the angels bowling.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I've heard about "The angels bowling" too.... but for my kids (10, 6, and 4) I give them a more scientific explanation of lightning and thunder.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I was told God bowled a strike! LOL Glad, too, I'm not alone on that one! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I too teach my gs the truth of thunder and lightening. I have once told him that it was the Angels, but now that he is 8 he knows the science part of it...oh he also believes that the God "Thor" has something to do with that too... (he picked that up on his own)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2009