Any advice on how to get my 6 month old daughter to stop using me as an all night diner?

She co-sleeps and I'm getting tired! I'd like to get her into her own bed but I don't want to let her "cry it out". I have a small home and a 2 1/2 year old daughter too, so too much fussing from baby and she'll wake up too. I went though the same thing with my older daughter and she ended up co-sleeping and nursing until 18 months which was alright except that my relationship with my husband suffered. I'd rather get my daughter sleeping in her bed sooner than later. Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my oldest son coslept and nursed all night as well.
    by the time my youngest got here, i had a binky ready for him!
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• After you nurse during the day try to lay her in her bed alittle more every day. If I could do it all over again I would NOT use a binky. My twins are 17 months and I'm fighting like heck to get them off it. I know it;s hard but try to nures her in a chair as much as you can too.
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 10:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would go into the breastfeeding groups and post this question. I cant help you b/c I never co-slept with my son. I know there are TONS of benefits to co-sleeping and we have when we have gone on vacation but he went back to the crib and same ole routine once we got home.

At 6 months old my son was sleeping 730-4 and then nursing and going back to sleep. Once he started teething he woke up at 12 and 4 am......grrr he would always eat and go right back to sleep. Do you think he is teething or anything out of the ordinary?
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2009