should i get an epidural for the 3rd time?Do you think i need it this time?

im pregnant with my 3rd, and have had the epidural with the last 2, it made my birth experience pretty good, and i was able to focus and push them out no prob. i just always get anxiety about needles, especially in the back.

guitarmom101

Asked by guitarmom101 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its painful yes but nothing you will die from. You feel the burning a lot more and you feel a ton of pressure and can feel the baby moving down and out. My epi only worked for like 30 minutes so I went 10.5 hours without any pain meds and all I remember is it hurt but once it was over it was over and I felt fine. I could get up and walk and do whatever I wanted. I was in the shower 2 hours after having her and walking the hospital 3 hours later.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If you did it twice before you will be fine. you always have a risk and it depends on the pain level you can handle. Its your choice as its your labor and your body. I had one but it failed and only my leg was numb so I had a natural birth and it wasn't that bad.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• is pushing painful without it? cause all i felt with the ep is strong pressure and some burning down there
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It's totally up to you. No one should tell you what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009