Can you remember when you truly, honestly felt like an adult? Like you had truly grown up?

I can remember exactly the date. It was March 8, 2006, at 5:33 pm, when I stood,and held the hand of my beautiful daughter,as she gave birth to my beautiful granddaughter. Sure I felt like an adult when my kids were born,but I truly felt that way when I watched my baby have a baby! That's when reality truly smacked me in the face,and I saw that time does march on. How about you?

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I still don't, and I'm 37 going on 38. :)
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The day I gave birth to my daughter I felt like an adult. Its no longer about me and what I want, its about my child and what she needs and wants. I have to worry about another life and not just my own.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• There have been a few times that I've felt like an adult. When I bought my first pack of cigarettes (they weren't for me, I don't smoke haha), when I bought my first lottery card, when I voted for the first time last year, and when I gave birth to my daughter.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I still don't! I'm 30
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It dawned on me that I had grown up when I was in my early 30's. I realized then that I had no envy. I had lost most of my self-centeredness. I felt joy for the good fortune of others without comparing my own life. I don't know what it was that had changed in me to not have even a pang of envy or wishing that I could also have a car like this one or vacation like that one.

Answer by Bmat at 9:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• As stupid as it will sound, when I decided I wanted to divorce my ex was the first time I really felt like an adult. It was the first decision I'd made entirely on my own, that no one gave me advice, talked me into or out of, or played a part in the decision. The birth of my oldest son was the result of a surprise pregnancy, my 2nd son was a mutual decision between myself and the ex, and he talked me into marrying him b/c I was pregnant. Deciding I was over him and wanted out was the first time I ever made a decision completely on my own and didn't ask mom and dad, or anyone else, what they thought or anything. And it was the only time. lol I'm 30, and most days still feel about 17. I'm still in shock that my oldest is going to be in 3rd grade and my youngest in Kindergarten - it just doesn't feel like they should be that old. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• When I was getting kitchen appliances for Christmas and was excited about it. I was about to move into my new apartment in a few weeks. That's when I knew I was really grown up, on my own and had my own bills.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The day my son was born...he is my 2nd child! He was born extremely premature so even though I was a "grown up" before....he made me grow up REAL quick!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• September 21, 2008... I was 26, married, had a 17 month old daughter and a baby on the way... it was the day my mom passed away.
    MommaDubbs

Answer by MommaDubbs at 10:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Even though I'm still "young" I don't really feel as young as what I really am. I've lived on with my bf since I was 16, I got married at 18 and found out I was pregnant when I was 19 (It was planned) but I lost the baby. For me knowing that I have rent, bills etc to pay for and that your parents aren't responsible for it makes me feel more grown up cause you rely on yourself for those things. I feel though when we finally get our house and try for a baby again I will feel like I'm 40 then lol.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2009