Be honest (post anon. if you want) Do you have a favorite child?

I only have one, and I fear if I have another I will love my first so much more. Everyone always told me that isnt true, until I started reading anon confesssions on here and SO many people confessed to loving one child more than another. I cant say I am surprised bc it seems that every parent has a favorite; you can tell by the way the treat that child over the others whether or not they do it intentionally. So, be honest...do you have a favorite child and if, so, why is thay one your favorite??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i only have one child. but i will say this my mom favors my brother like you would not believe and you know what i dont even get along with my mom and i cant stand to be around her cuz of the way she treats him so much better. and i know i wouldn't want my child hating me so i dont think i will have that problem of treating all my kids equal (when i have another one) its jus so freakin wrong! you would not believe how strong the favoritism is and honestly if she stopped talkin to me tomorrow it wouldn't bother me a bit....thats how much i can't stand it. and also because of that its hard for me to be around him cuz he's all mom did this or i got this (i ask how) from mom. its ridiculous! and i love my brother we use to be so freakin close but i jus cant take it no more its so wrong
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• All i can say is I HATE favoritism towards children, i work with kids all day and they ALWAYS favor the baby, or the girl,I want to flip on the parents sometimes.. OMG. Just do your best to treat both children when that day comes as equals. That would hurt so bad being the "not favored" one,... O wait... I was that kid.. haha. I can understand the "daddys girl" " Mommas boy" thing tho. thats different.
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 10:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• im sorry but this is wrong.... allll wrong!!! i dont care if you all want to bash me...
    you shoulnt have children if your going to do this (im speaking to everyone...) Love should go around... not to one child!!!! people that love one child over another should get their heads checked... its cruel to the poor child!!! i feel sorry for the little dears!!!
    I dont believe you can love any child more then the other... the love will be different... but no more or less!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• one example to back my comment up. i have a child,single parent. and i get no help from no one. well my car broke down and i asked my mom to help me fix it..her hubby works on cars and is awesome at it. well she didnt help me. and then she said how bout you give it to your brother and i said if it wont work for me why would it work for him. well i found out why. cuz when i gave it to him she fixed it. and i havent had anything since then..that was this past oct. and now...to make things worse...she's GIVING him her 1986 monte carlo...freakin classic and its goin to him..HE HAS A CAR! i have nothing. and i have a child. doc appointments cuz im "disabled" and doc appointments cuz i have cancer and on top of that i needed it back when i was working and i got nothing! that is disgusting...guess how i feel about my mom?????take a wild guess.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm shocked to hear that people have favorites! Maybe because my kids are still little, 4 & 2, but I adore both of them equally, really. I mean, if there was a gun to my head I don't even know who I would choose. I will say that when I was pregnant the 2nd time I worried endlessly that there was no way I could love another like my 1st, but that was such wasted energy. As soon as my son was born I knew there was more than enough love for everyone, and although we won't be having anymore, I know that even if I had 10 kids I'd have enough love for all of them.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:34 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Kuuipo, but you are an adult....I think this post is about children. I think that adult children sure could drive a wedge with a parent, but this post is about innocent children, if I'm not mistaken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I was worried about that when I only had one child. I love her SO much and wondered if I could love another child that much. I do. They are both perfect to me and I love them equally. Thank goodness!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I have 3 sons. I was also worried that I would never be able to love the 2nd child as much as the 1st. Then, he was born. As that personality began to develop, we just loved him. I never thought about it again. Each child is so different that the variety keeps us busy. The 3rd child was a surprise but a blessing. He is God's child and has been so easy. What I found out was that there is always room for one more in your heart. It opens wide and it opens completely. You don't ruin your "nice little family". You only make it better!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You know, there might be times someone else could look at ANY parent and think they're playing favorites. But until you live with them, it's hard to see it all and be fair about assumptions.

I have 5 kids - 4 girls, one boy. Ages - 22 y/o dd adopted, 12 y/o dd bio, 7 y/o fos2adopt dd, 3 y/o ds adopted. 4 month old fos2adopt dd.

Do I have a favorite? NO
    Do I love one more than another? NO
    Do I treat them differently? At times, yes - because they have different personalities and are all at different stages in their lives.
    Might it appear to someone else that I've given favored treatment to one old over the others? Sure, if someone wants to find an issue - they're going to but that's not true at all. Ever.

Now, my MIL big time has a favorite and it has caused tremendous hurt over the years and now extends to the grandkids. It's sad and I tell my kids that she's the one missing out. :(
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am surprised if there are moms who love one more than the other. I worried about this when I was having my second, but I loved him every bit as much as the first. Over the years I have been exasperated, worried, angry, upset with, one over the other, but this has never caused me to love one more than the other.

Answer by Bmat at 10:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2009