Economy crunch ...what would you do in this situation?

When I was married I had to file for bankruptcy which was only 4 years ago this year. Because of this I have had a hard time getting into an apartment. I am stuck in a run down old apartment in duval and need to get to clay county or st. john's county next year so my son can go to a great school. I'm thinking about forgetting about apartments for a while and moving into a suburban lodge or something like that. I'd save money for a while and my son loves to stay in hotels so he'd have a blast. What do you think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do you know another single mom who would be interested in renting a house or apartment with you?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If it will save enough money for you to be able to afford the place you want then it sounds like a good idea.

Answer by Bmat at 11:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Not something I would do, but whatever you feel is best.
    Anonymous

• If its safe, why not...helll be in school youll be saving money...whats wrong with that...itll be FUN for him, not too sure i would make it long term...but you could try the roommate thing like someone else suggested..or a based on income place....they usually dont go that far back! esp if you explain the problem
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Unfortunately I've looked at the income based places and i make too much but my credit sucks for the rest. The place I'm in now had me pay an extra $150 fee non refundable when I moved in over a year ago but I can't seem to find someone else that does that. thanks for the answers..the roommate thing doesn't work too well for me. I don't know anyone else I'd want to live with.
    Anonymous