What are some fun things to do for little or no money in tampa for the summer for a 5 year old?

Kforbes33

Asked by Kforbes33 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i used to live in tampa! are you in south tampa? you could always take her to the picnic island or gandy beach. bowling isn't too expensive these days, and the movie theater in britton plaza is way cheaper than westshore.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't know tampa specifically but I know the beach is nearby and other things I check out every summer is the local libraries (usually have story times etc. even crafts) Also AMC usually has summmer deals during the day where they have kids movies for a 1 or free!!!! once a week. If there is a good children's museum that's usually good for a day at least once a month. Can also make own fun. Last summer we did BUGS... so we got books on them and hunted them in the back yard. This year maybe plants, dinosaurs or fish .... I'm waiting for the kids to give me a hint but it helps give some structure to what we do.
    Oh and cooking is always a hit activity.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The aquarium is AWESOME. They have a great outdoors play area. It's not free, but if you get a year pass and go lots I'm sure it would be well worth it. I wish we lived closer so we could go.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009