If you seen your friends' DH/SO in public with another woman would you tell your friend?

When asked this question, the friend response was "No, because I wouldnt want to rub it in your face!" How is that rubbing it in someone's face to tell? lol What would you do and how would you respond if your friend to you that same phrase?

momofonewntmore

Asked by momofonewntmore at 10:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would. I wouldn't put it that I saw him with another woman, though. I'd say something lighter such as I saw him the other day.  Then watch her response. Then say something such as,  I was wondering who he was with.  Watch her response again.  She should ask what do I mean. Then I could tell her I was just wondering, none of my business though, who the lady was. A business colleague, maybe? I'd let it drop unless she insisted on discussing it. The fact that I told her at all, now would relieve me of responsibility as a friend to tell her.

Answer by Bmat at 10:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yes, if she was a good friend I would definitely tell, and I would expect her to do the same. I would be extremely upset if she didn't. I would tell this person that she is not much of a friend to be a part of the lie.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh I would tell. To be honest I would probably tell someone I didn't like too. But only if I saw them doing something like holding hands or kissing or whatever, otherwise it could just be anything.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would mention it to start. I'd probably just innocently ask the wife who that was with her hubby at (whatever place you saw him). You don't have to be accusing. -" I saw your hubby at the park on Wed. He was with a blonde girl....is that his sister(aunt, cousin, co-worker etc) For all you know that was his cousin or an old family friend. (Unless you saw them kissing or doing something makes it totally obvious that he's cheating).

If you come off automatically accusing the man of cheating that could cause problems with your friend if she knew where he was and who he was with. My hubby has a close friends from high school that are female. I suppose that if any of my friends saw him out to lunch or whatever with them, some red flags could come up.

I wouldn't be offended if they just asked who the women were, but if they came out and said he's cheating.....it would bother me!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My husband got a call once to tell him I was seen at a bar with a man. To this day, the "friend" doesn't believe that the man was my brother because he didn't know my brother. I have been out with out-of-town cousins when my husband was working. Just be careful. You never know who someone knows. We got a kick out of "my date", but everyone doesn't find that stuff funny. Stick your nose only into places you know won't get it chopped off.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• depends on what they were doing. I dont know my friends family so i would hate to tell her someting and find out it was hs sister, but My first husband cheated on me several times and my friends knew and didnt say anything so ive been there as well.
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My husband was shopping with a co worker for a Thanksgiving Dinner for the tenants at a supermarket. A friend told me and she said they were comfy with each other. Comes to find out it was a higher up buying stuff for their company and she completely exaggerated everything. That is why you have to hear the whole story and not blow things out of proportion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would definitely tell as long as there was something to tell. If I saw him hugging another woman it could be a family member or an old friend. Romantic kissing on the other hand is pretty obvious that he's doing something he shouldn't be.

I would probably make a casual comment about seeing him with someone and see what she said...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Nope. Because the majority of my friends don't give a crap if their SO's hang out with women. They trust them, and don't hold with the silliness that men can't be friends with women and not have it be sexual. Hell, most of my friends are male. DF doesn't care. And I don't care about his female friends. There are really only two people I 'd prefer he not be around, 1 male and 1 female, but it has everything to do with their attitudes and little to do with their gender.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 11:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Hell YES I would tell...
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 11:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2009