what to say in a card about a sisters death?...

My stepmoms mothers sister died and i want to send a card but id like to write something nice in it but have no idea where to start as i do not know them very well.

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I would say something along the lines of "I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts during this difficult time"

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am terribly sorry about Great-aunt Agatha. My prayers and thoughts are for your comfort. Love, ...

Answer by Bmat at 10:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh, I am not religious, but if you are you could say "You are in my prayers during this difficult time" instead.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• This is what I usually write in sympathy cards: "I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If you don't know them, it's best to just say sorry for your loss, and leave it at that. Anything else could cause hurt feelings that you didn't mean to cause.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2009