NEED opinions on this one!

Ive seen this question before but now i need to know bout this one now. ok is it any less romantic to get married at a courthouse? i mean i always dreamed about a big wedding and the dress and cake but my man wants to jus take a trip to the courthouse. now heres my opinion...jus cuz you been married before doesnt mean you should do it the easy way this time thats not fair im a whole nother person! and i think its more romantic doin the whole wedding deal....but at the same time its not that horrible of a idea to go to the courthouse cuz i mean theres not all those people jus STARING at you lols. idk if im jus tryin to lie to myself to make him happy or if im really actually ok with the courthouse. and i mean we could always go to the courthouse and jus have a reception...idk. im kinda like 50/50 on what way to do it. but also really...honestly i dont care as long as we're married! (i jus dont wanna regret not doin it my way)

kuuipo317

Asked by kuuipo317 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, the wedding of your dreams doesn't mean there would be "people" staring at you. It would be those who cared about you. Even though I had a small wedding, all of the fuss made me wish I'd opted for a courthouse wedding. Why don't you compromise and have a very small church wedding or wedding in another pretty location with just a few guests- maybe not even any attendants- and then have a nice meal with the guests and minister or whoever does the marriage. If your fiance really doesn't want a wedding with all of the fuss, this might work. You could still have a lovely ankle-length lacy white dress, carry a pretty bouquet, have a wedding cake, take pictures, and the expense and fuss would not be nearly as much. Another idea is to have the court house wedding and then have a reception at your convenience.

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You will regret it, I did anyway. Get a dress and a have a reception at the least. He should be able to meet you have way with this. When a girl gets married that's a big day. For me is was the only day I wanted feel like a princess (fyi I'm a total tom boy) If it's financial, talk to him about later down the road when you have the money to Have "your day" that is what we are doing. We got married 4yrs ago at the court house and now I'm gonna get my day lol. Just talk to him about the options. Good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• its not so much financial its jus being more comfertable really. and i said people starring at me cuz i mean i dont get along with my dads side of the family and i very rarely see my moms side..i try to stay away from the drama and believe me theres major drama...plus between all us girls i dont want my dad walkin down the isle...we dont have a good relationship i mean we jus started talkin again a yr ago. really the only thing i want is my beautiful hawaiian dress and my cake and pictures. lols. so i mean like i said i kinda do want a big wedding but at the same time i would love to do it at a courthouse jus me and him and then have a big reception....its jus are the memories jus as great doin it that way?
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• lol but at the same time im like...i want to be made into a big deal..and thats not fair for that to be taken away jus cuz his last marriage didnt work.....see ive been goin back and forth on this one. its jus kinda like he made a big deal for her...so what cuz she screwed up its gonna be taken out on me?!!! not cool...i wanna be a big deal i wanna walk down the isle in a beautiful hawaiian wedding dress and watch him look at me in awe. i really want that. but at the same time when him and i first started dating it almost ended cuz he said he'd never get married again....so when he mentioned yes he would wanna make me his wife i almost had a freakin heart attack...so i kinda dont wanna push things im jus amazed shocked and grateful he'd wanna make me his wife so i kinda dont wanna say anything
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• We went to the courthouse and got married. I don't regret it. My husband, on the other hand, would like to have a real wedding someday. And he's the one who's been married before.

For me, it's just too much money spent on ONE DAY. I would rather take that money and go on a nice vacation or buy some new furniture or put a down payment on a house or something. It's just not worth it for me.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Woah! The idea of the Hawaiian wedding dress makes me catch my breath and smile. Aw. Surely you can arrange this. I understand about being shy about speaking about this, but you should. Take a breath and tell him. You will be spending the rest of you life with him, after all, and you need to get comfortable talking to him about everything. Don't worry about people looking at you, focus on the man you love. See if you can arrange something that combines what both of you want, so you can look forward to your dream, and he doesn't need to fret about cost and fuss.

Answer by Bmat at 11:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I had more fun at the Courthouse wedding than the big wedding. I was so nervous i do not remember anything about my big wedding but we took my best friend and her bf and ran off to the Courthouse. It was so much fun. We pretended like we were eloping (but everyone knew). We got back and had a small party. It was amazing. It was personal and the day was spent with those that mattered not every Tom Dick and Harriet who wanted a free meal and we didn't really know, etc. I vote for Courthouse.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If I could go back now, I would have saved the eight thou and went to a Jp too...lol
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 12:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Is his problem having a big expensive wedding, because it doesn't have to be, it could be small with family and close friends. I would personally not get married in a court house, and if you don't think you would feel right about it then tell him. You def do not want to regret your wedding day.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• no its definitely not about the money...its jus about being comfertable and like i said he's been married before so i dont think he wants to go through the whole big deal again which like i said isnt fair to me cuz im a whole nother person. but like i said he has changed his mind before he said he was never gonna get married again and now look we're talking about it and alot lately so..who knows...like i said im so happy he changed his mind that it kinda doesnt matter but at the same time i want to wear a hawaiian wedding dress (cuz im hawaiian) and do the hula to the hawaiian wedding song for him and i want the cake that ive always wanted which is the bride and groom and have a candy lei draping down the layers around the bride and groom. but those things could also be done if we jus go to the courthouse and then have a big reception. but idk...i think i will talk to him later. cuz im still confused which would be better
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2009