How to potty train a two year old not interested lil girl?

ShE is so smart but using the potty is not a interest to her. If I mention potty or even panties she freaks out totally. So so so so please Help.

Loving163

Asked by Loving163 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You cannot force training. If she isn't interested you may set her back even farther by trying to force it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• have you took her shoppin for all the "pretty big girl pantys" usually little girls get so excited about that it does the trick.
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You should wait a few months and try again. If you try and force it, it will become a power struggle that you won't win. I pushed it with my oldest and he continued to pee his pants until he was almost five. With my second, we talked about the potty and he would go sometimes if we made him. But then we stopped talking about the potty altogether and one day he said..."I have to go pee pee" and never peed his pants again. He only had two poopy accidents after that too.
    My advice is to let her move in her own time. If she isn't ready now try again in a few months.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I like the other mom's advice. My friend told me she bought her 26 month old 16 pairs of panties and a carpet cleaner and it only took six days for her to get sick of peeing on herself. I thought it sounded gross, but it worked!
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Maybe if she goes with you to the bathroom when you have to go, maybe she will understand that it is ok to potty in the potty.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Why don't you put a potty in with her toys, make a game of it so that she gets used to seeing it around and becomes more accepting of it. Once she seems to be getting on with the idea of a potty then you need to follow a proper system. Try the ideas at this site (the system is based on some simple role play with toys) it gives good advice on how to potty train. Good luck.

MarciaLB

Answer by MarciaLB at 7:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You dont. You leave her alone about it. Give her a few more months, then try again. She might even be over 3 when she decides shes ready.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2009