Do you HAVE to use a glass baking dish if a recipe calls for one?

I don't have a glass baking dish big enough for what I'm making. Do I absolutely have to use a glass baking dish if the recipe calls for it, or can I use a regular metal baking dish?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think you can use a metal one ( i think) but you will need to adjust the cooking time. Because glass and metal heat up different.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If you're using metal, lower the temp about 25 degrees and it usually will cook faster.

Good luck!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 11:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Many times metal is not called for because of the way ingredients will react to the metal. Many recipes will not come out right in a metal pan because of this. Others will be fine with an adjusted cooking time or temperature.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If you don't have a glass baking dish just use what you have and pray that it is ok.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2009