abortion, food stamps, and Obama. . .

Why, Please someone tell me why. . .

the only things that really get discussed these days are abortion, and food stamps? Heaven forbid an actual political question gets asked- Maybe ten people will answer- and it's usually the same ten? And half of them say things like "obama is hott" or you hate him because you are a racist?

Is it possible that SO many people are hanging out in P & CE and really don't care about politics? What happened to all the people that were so opinionated prior to the election?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hear ya. If someone posts something else for some reason it doesn't get many answers from a "certain" political side. Perhaps that "certain" political side isn't into debating actual news and recent facts? Perhaps they like the drama? Who know.......... I'm not say'n... I'm just say'n
    ;oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Those so gung-ho before election are probably hanging their heads in shame at the president they voted into office. Had I voted for his sorry butt, I'd sure not admit it now. At least I wasn't fooled by his ability to read a speech someone else wrote.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• This is just added to it, so whats the point? Theyre not gonna stop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I completely agree with you lovin. I think I may be taking a break for a while and only come back here when something big is happening to see if there are any good debatable question. I think those of us that check in here regularly already know most of the opinions that fly around here, but I agree that the welfare and abortion questions seem to get the most attention. Neither of which are subjects I find very interesting.

Personally, my biggest concerns for our country right now are of fiscal responsibility and foreign policy, neither of which I feel this administration is adept at.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• They got bored and moved on? Or they simply can't give answers where there is no answer.

These two issues are big issues and will continue to be issues. There are many moms here who are trying to form their opinion on political and cultural problems. This is a good forum to do such. Many women on here are very knowledgeable about politics, others are learning. Some just say off the wall crap, and many show they aren't thinking for themself and just repeat opinions that they heard someone else say, but I can overlook those mouths. Most of the hotheads are gone. So sit back, read, post and enjoy or find another interesting area. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• PS, I love a good debate, don't you? :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Or perhaps They are just tired of dealing with people who just can't seem to let it go that Obama is president. I for one voted for Obama and I agree with most of what he has done. I'm not about to change my mind because you still feel the same way you did before he was elected President. When someone still complains about him being president and what they don't like about him, its like they are wanting to argue or just complain. Either way, I stand by my choice.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Well, I didn't start coming here until right after the election so maybe I shouldn't answering but I answer what's important to me. I really enjoy politics in general. I bounce between this and religion. I think the two things you mentioned are things that are very important to a lot of people. I also think that as far as actual politics/Obama policy a lot of people have stayed away or left all together because of all the negative comments thrown around personally about Obama and his voters. We're not seen as voters, we're seen as dumb, uneducated, sheeple who drank kool-aid. It's insulting. People say nasty things to me all the time and I try to let it roll off my back but I'm sure for many it's not that easy or they just don't want to hear it.

I wasn't around this section when Bush was president so I don't know what the climate was here but now, it gets really ugly and offensive. You can either handle it or you can't
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am not going to state the obvious.............

I'l just say that I am ABLE to stay at home.

Anyways,

Either way, I stand by my choice.

Thank God, half the country DOES NOT  stand by your choice!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• As for the foodstamps. I understand that some people are upset by the ones who abuse them, but they tend to judge everyone on FS for that and to its wrong. Also there are just stuck up snobs who have never been on PA and Judge harshly on those who are on PA. Abortion is a very sore subject and people feel so strongly about it that they tend to overlook Logic, reason and understanding of those who believe in it because of this or that. It would be best on that subject to just agree to disagree and move on.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009