cerclage

im going to be getting a cerclage put in . has anyone had one or has one in ? did anyone have one put in before pregnancy ?did youget pregnant right after ? my doc is putting mine in before i get pregnant due to back to back m/c and my son was born at 24 weeks ( he is a healthy 4 year old now)so thats also why im getting it to try to prevent the premature birth .

ttc2mami

Asked by ttc2mami at 11:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of it being done before you get pregnant. Are you doing ivf? They sew your cervix closed so I don't see how you would be able to get pregnant if its already done.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• well there are five different kinds and one of those is it be put in before pregnancy . there is also one that u can leave in longer term . but yes u are able to get pregnant with the cerclage .
    ttc2mami

Answer by ttc2mami at 11:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2009