Help! How do you get rid of roaches?

So my house has become home to some unwanted guests. It's not the little german roaches, it's those huge Fl roaches that are the size of your foot! (Ok well that's an exaggeration, but only slightly.) I have sprayed around the edges of the walls, and put baits behind furniture and in cabinets. That hasn't seemed to help much. I have two small kids, and want to make sure I don't accidentally poison one of them. So any help at all would be greatly appreciated! What can I do?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Boric Acid - Spread it around the outside of the house.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Thanks Luvbug3!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:51 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Boric acid is poisonous to children and pets so be VERY CAREFUL if you decide to use it!!
    I would recommend calling up a professional exterminator and have them spray your house every month. Sometimes household products don't do the job. When we moved into our apartments, roaches started to appear. It took about 6 months with a professional sprayer to completely get rid of them!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2009