help! How do you get rid of roaches?

So my house has become home to some unwanted guests. It's not the little german roaches, it's those huge Fl roaches that are the size of your foot! (Ok well that's an exaggeration, but only slightly.) I have sprayed around the edges of the walls, and put baits behind furniture and in cabinets. That hasn't seemed to help much. I have two small kids, and want to make sure I don't accidentally poison one of them. So any help at all would be greatly appreciated! What can I do?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Health

• Boric acid and bay leaves work for the regular kind...

Answer by rkoloms at 11:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Look around the walls and look for little openings to how they are getting in your house.I would think roaches are attracted to food so look under your sink,dishwasher,oven for little openings.Spray in those areas of the kitchen also behind the refridgerator and food cabinetts,set traps in there too.Tell your children that the kitchen is off limits because of roaches they can't play in there.Tell them that all the traps behind the couch and elsewhere are not to be played with.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• borox !!! (sp) it works wonders..
    Anonymous

• do what i did..and this really does help...make sure your children are not in the way or have someone watch them as you do this:
    in each room...clean it out! sweep/mop the floor, ok..then take boric acid..cheap at walmart and put it along the floor around the whole room...like on the edges of the walls.closets etc...
    then put everything abck where it goes neatly. get rid of all clutter and junk you dont need. make sure you have hampers for your clothes etc... they like wet damn spots too..make sure dishes are put away and dried all the time if you handwash them etc... ok keep the bathroom clean and dry of any water. it will work. i had the problem of roaches and OMG! did i freak out! i did all this and i have not seen not one! its been 6 months now.
    Anonymous

• Thanks a lot ladies! I really appreciate all the help. These little critters creep me out!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2009