Help! How do you get rid of roaches?

So my house has become home to some unwanted guests. It's not the little german roaches, it's those huge Fl roaches that are the size of your foot! (Ok well that's an exaggeration, but only slightly.) I have sprayed around the edges of the walls, and put baits behind furniture and in cabinets. That hasn't seemed to help much. I have two small kids, and want to make sure I don't accidentally poison one of them. So any help at all would be greatly appreciated! What can I do?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call an exterminator.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Just found this online- Baking soda and powdered sugar mixed in equal parts is a good roach killer. Just spread around the area where you see roaches and soon you won't see them anymore. (Boric Acid, while slightly more toxic, is naturally occurring and is another way to get rid of them.)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Do yours fly? I have seen some that are about 2 inches long and they freaking fly! It's so gross. And they're just as fast as those little ones.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• oop sorry I meant to mention that I used Combat. It's a tube for about 8 dollars at Walmart. It gets rid of them fast
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Time to call VexCon

Good luck!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 11:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Boric Acid - Spread it around the outside of your house.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I had roaches and spread boric acid or "Roach Away" out of reach. I have no roaches now!! It works.
    TinkTink205

Answer by TinkTink205 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Get rid of your neighbors. My friend used boric acid and it helped but they kept coming. Then she sprinkled cayenne pepper around the corners and they went away.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• contact gel is safe and can be put in safe places and it worked better than any exterminator (esp. for the little tiny crazy to get rid of roaches). I'm gong to try the cayenne on the windows too b/c its not just the killing them that's the issue its the keeping them out that is driving me nuts too. Welcome to summer!!! LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• We have tree roaches and no matter what I've tried you can't get rid of them, they just fly on in my house.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2009