Ok, I have light to medium brown hair, will I turn it orange if I put a little peroxide on it and sit in the sun?

What about sun-in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Probably putting peroxide on and leaving it on isn't a good idea. You could try some lemon juice, perhaps. I don't know about sun-in.

Answer by Bmat at 11:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• YES it will turn orange !!! Dont do that! Plus it will dry it out and become brittle and fuzzy! If you want high-lights go to the salon and pay for them! You wont be sorry. My sister does hair and just the other day had a girl who bought a high-light kit from the store and did it herself, she looked like a zebra b/c the highlights were all over the place and not even. Sun-in is a peroxide-base product. If you dont have a strong enough base it will turn your brown to orange. (just like a box kit) They cant make them strong b/c all hair types use them.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Don't do peroxide. It's cheap but it ruins your hair. Sun-in is great just mist it, blow dry it, mist it again...repeat until you get the affect you want. You don't actually have to sit out in the sun unless you want to. My sister is also a hairstylist and this is what she recommended instead of a dye.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Peroxide....NNNNOOOO! Oh Lord, back in the day...I did it! Fried my hair! Anyhow, your hair will turn orange, if you have red color in your hair, which most brunettes do. I'm seeing a few SunIn suggestions, again, NNNNOOOO!!! lol Yep, tried that one too, waaaay back in middle school! My hair did lighten a hell of a lot, but, my hair was dried out, frizzy and there was this odd stretchy-ness to it. NOT healthy at all! I have not had a hair stylist yet, tell me that sun in is good...it is so bad for your hair! Matter of fact, stylists will tell you the opposite item to put on your hair, can't think of what it's called, but, it has a sun block in it, to keep the sun from bleaching your hair and drying it out.
    You best bet if you are wanting to go lighter is save a little money and hit the salon. Don't trust these "do it yourself" items at Walmart! If you like the health of your hair, skip the home haircolor.
    josie_mommyof2

Answer by josie_mommyof2 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• yes it will but if u do put peroxide in after it has turned orange go to sally's or any other beauty supply store and by a toner they will help u find what u need to get the brassy tones outta ur hair they arent that expensive either.....trust me it works!
    KeLiStA

Answer by KeLiStA at 10:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• get "A Touch of Sun"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2009