Christians only please: question about homosexuality

I just read an answer saying Christians use the Old Testament to defend homosexuality being wrong. I am wondering how other Christians view this? Personally I can name verses from the NT, Are other Christians able to refer to the NT? If you so what passages? I am not asking for a debate just answers from other Christians.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Still don't see the part where it says it is the average Christian's job to judge the homosexual instead of loving thy neighbor and leaving the judgment to god."

I agree. I don't think I have (or any Christian has) the right to judge someone who is gay. But when someone asks me what the Bible says about homosexuality, I feel like I have responsibility to share what I know is there. And the Bible not only diagnoses our sins, but offers us a cure. It is up to the person to decide if they want a "second opinion" or another "treatment." God leaves the choice up to them, and so do I. We are called to love those in the gay and lesbian community like everyone else.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Personally I think the Bible talks so much about forgiving and turning the other cheek and not judging that I don't see where what someone does in the privacy of their home any of our business. God wants us to be an instrument of His love and worship him not be obsessed and worship some cause. Let GOD deal with homosexuality. You deal with YOU and your sins. Quit worrying about others. Mind your own life and be a walking testimony for God's grace and God's love. God has it under control. Don't worry your pretty little head over it. Now go take care of your kids, they are probably playing in the street with some homosexual's kid.
    Anonymous

• thanks, but that is not what I asked. Personally I don't care what someone does in their own home, but I still have the right to think it is wrong and does not belong in my home. BTW-my kids, one is sleeping, one is at work and the other is taking summer college courses.
    Anonymous

• Try Romans 1:24-26

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

This happens to be NIV and it didn't take long to find it. If God says something is wrong then it's wrong. You don't have interpret this it's strait forward.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence [sic] of their error which was meet
    Anonymous

• Sure. Here you go . . . "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, [fn] nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God." 1 Cor. 6:9-11
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• "That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done." Romans 1:26-28
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Jesus said, "In the beginning the Creator made them male and female. For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh" (Matt 19:4, 5).
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Still don't see the part where it says it is the average Christian's job to judge the homosexual instead of loving thy neighbor and leaving the judgment to god.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Romans 1:26 That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error

Gensis 1:27 And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. 28 Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”
    2:24 That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.

cowgirlmama

Answer by cowgirlmama at 12:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009