do all kids { brothers / sisters} fight

my kids are always fighting over stupid stuff , A toy will sit on the floor for a week but if one picks it up the other one wants it. for that reason we have 2 of the same toy

meNmine

Asked by meNmine at 11:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• "He's looking at me!" "She's on MY couch cushion!" "He touched me!" "She put her Webkinz on top of mine!" "He took the chicken strip I wanted!" "She won't help me pour the juice!" That pretty much sums up my day. I tune it out as much as possible and remind them of the no blood/not an emergency - don't tell me rule. Never works, though...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 12:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• lol gotta love that my dd is 12 and her step sisters are 10 and 8 and there misrable without each other but then again when there together they will fight over the stupid lil things, sometimes its funny. and my son who is 3 wont care for a toy till someone else wants to touch it.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• yes. but two of each toy is CRAZY!!! The fighting is an excellent time to teach them how to share and/or get along. And if they fight for the toy the toy goes into time out.
    Have them brainstorm how to play better toghehter, model how to play with them, play with them.
    Sometimes I do separation time out but I got this from a mag and its worked pretty good .... I have them (in our case sit and... ) HUG until they are ready to be friends again. They usually just end up giggling and being friends again.
    How far apart they are also affects how much they fight, but yes all kids fight to some degree. Mine have me horrible the last couple of days about it, but I'm okay witht that b/c they are cool with each other more often than not... My fav. is that their worst fights are over imaginary things (imaginary popcorn, cake etc.) WHY WHO KNOWS
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yes, they do. LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yes, all siblings will fight. My sister and I bloodied each other a few times and my brother has a scar above his right eye that he SWEARS I gave him. I deny it to this day.
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 11:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2009