Conservatives gaining power in the UK

Conservatives are gaining power in the UK.Do you think Brits are waking up and tired of the bull?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• What does this say to Americans? Seems we are following in their footsteps of bringing in more big government socialist programs.........and the Brits seem to be turning away from it?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Well, I bloody well hope so! LOL! :o)

Maybe the people are waking up as they realize the USA is following in their footsteps, and they won't have anyone to help them out when WWIII begins! (as our military will be stripped of just about everything to pay for a bloated government, massive debt, and universal health care programs!)

If the USA fails, so will the rest of the civilized nations!

Rise up ye socialist/communist controlled nations, and let the clueless in the USA see what happens when you ignore the writing on the wall and let a handful of people dictate your way of life!!! :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• There is a big difference between the UK Conservatives and the US Conservatives. Research them - in depth, before you cheer too loud.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• LoriKeet
    Your reply is plain "idiotic".
    And I agree with NP .
    Anonymous

• Video from the BNP party in the UK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f8lprxiOFc
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Actually they are heading in a better direction they oppose high taxes and the massive social entitlement programs that has nearly crippled Britain. And is where we are heading now.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Daniel Hannan upbraids Prime Minister Brown in Parliament for destroying the British economy by - get this - nationalizing the car industry and the banking industry. Gee what does that say to us Americans?

It is a GREAT video, and speaks directly to the heart of how an economy gets toppled. Enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• 12:35 PM Anonymous LoriKeet Your reply is plain "idiotic".

***

Oh. I'm so sorry you didn't care for my trying to FUNNY. I guess they can't all be winners.  ::sigh:: I'll try harder next time, m'kay?!

I just hope that someday I'll impress upon you and your anonymous cowardliness, because as you know I care so much about what big blue question marks think of me.  :oP

(total sarcasm)

P.S. since my reply was so "idiotic" perhaps you could bestow some of your vast intelligence upon us?  Oh, that's right, you don't have any, which is why you choose to HIDE behind the anonymous icon, for fear of being identified as being as idiotic as you obviously are!  :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The car industry destroyed itself by mismanagement, uncompetitive products and running huge losses for years. Surprising that they managed to finance those losses as anyone could see how they were failing, despite the huge salaries paid to senior executives for their incompetence.

As for the banks, they made the problem for themselves by failure to use due diligence in their investment decisions, lured on by the prospect of easy profits in an unregulated market.

So once again our wonderful capitalist free market economy has to be bailed out by the taxpayer. They should all have been left to go bankrupt and remaining assets sold to the highest bidder instead. I doubt whether GM and Chrysler can ever.be resurrected
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2009