This is so stupid. Would be you hurt, embarrassed, or would you just feel sorry for her? Also: Who acts ridiculous in your family?

My Aunt got mad at my husband because during a tag sale at my Grandfather's house (after he passed away) my husband told a lady that everything was 1/2 price. Since it was late in the afternoon he was just trying to move things out. My Aunt was selling some Longaberger baskets and got mad because that one lady and her friend thought the baskets were half price too. She could have easily said "That doesn't apply to the baskets" but instead she got all huffy with my hubby.

ANYWAY, fast forward to now two months later and my husband just realized that she UNFRIENDED him on Facebook! How passive-aggressive is that!? My husband is constantly going above and beyond for my family. My Grandfather LOVED him. He is generous and always helpful. I feel awful that my Aunt is treating him so poorly! I'm so embarrassed that she acts this way.

How would you feel? Who acts ridiculous in your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just laugh off the incident. To this day my ex-husbands family calls me "Barbie". I'm a 5"2', 130 pound brunette (but I'm white and they are black)! That's just freaking ridiculous. I always called my husband "Ken" when I was around them and it just became a funny thing. The best way to deal with these things is to make it not matter.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• its face book.so what/yea shes actin dumb 2 be doin that but you 2 shouldnt stress it.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't even let it bother me. Shows she still has growing to do. Life is to short to be pissed off about petty crap.

Anonymous

• That is ridiculous! Your aunt is using her hostility to take out on your husband. I would be furious! She is obviously a "grudge-holder" and in my experience, those people don't have strong friendships. Try ignoring her and in a no-nonsense way let her know you won't tolerate her childish behavior. In my family, my sister won't come to anything my brother is at so I have to decide who I want there the most, and not invite the other person. So stupid, but their childhood issues with each other were never resolved so everyone has to pay. Now that I think about it, I should just uninvite them both and see how that feels to them, hmmmm.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 12:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Most of my extended family acts ridiculous. We don't get to choose who we are related to unfortunately. I would probably be annoyed at the disrespect to my hubby but I don't think I would feed her stupidity by arguing with her. I would just limit my interactions with her as much as possible and ignore her silly infantile behavior. If she lets such a silly disagreement come between family then she doesn't understand the meaning of family. Also, keep in mind, at the time she may have been stressed and mourning the loss of your Grandfather. Let her come to you and don't sweat it too much for now.
    Anonymous

• Danishlady.... I definitely think you should start inviting both of them. Let them figure it out. It is very unfair of them to place you in the middle.
    Anonymous

• I used to invite them both, but it was my brother who always came and my sister would pull out at the last minute knowing he was going too. I'm closer with my sister than my brother so that's why I have to decide who I want there the most. Yes, I realize my sister is being a poor sport, but I'm still closer to her. It's complicated.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 12:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Firstly, facebook is so NOT important, so who cares.

Secondly, I think she's just an emotional older lady who doesn't know how to talk about things.

You all shouldn't worry about it, she'll come around.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Id feel like she was acting childish and wasnt worth my full effort for the time being(in other words, less visits, calls,etc on my part).

As for the Facebook thing...just shows her childishness imo.

In my family, my mother is that way.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• hmm my daughter are on my bil face book they are 24 and 30.they said it was so raunchy.they were appalled.it is private so his wife has no idea whats on it.my girls know though.thats why i would never have a face book page.i would start saying things that would truly get me in trouble.i know it would be to easy.i would talk to your aunt and tell her that your granfather would not appreciate what she is doing...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2009