• In the Spotlight:

Honesty? You CLAIM that you value it... but then you

fake an orgasm... yes, many have admitted to doing that here. How can you say that you value honesty above all else, then in effect lie about an experience you're supposedly having?

krnrobey71

Asked by krnrobey71 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I have never lied about it. There has been some assumptions that I had an orgasm when I didn't. I just let him think whatever he wants to make himself feel better. If he ever asks me I'll tell him I've never had an orgasm with intercourse. I hope he never asks though. Men are very sensitive.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't think faking an orgasm is being dishonest, I think if you are unable to have one and you put forth the effort then I believe it is sparing someone else's feelings. You are saying, you would rather tell your SO that you were almost there but since I got you so worked up you didn't finish me before you got done? I think that is just plain cruel, most men have very big egos and i couldn't see myself telling my husband that I faked it so we could go to sleep. Expecially after a long day. I ALWAYS want to have sex when he does but sometimes I can't get there so I fake it so he can finish his business, he won't unless I do. So I think that is one circumstance when it is okay to "lie"
    Stephanedawn

Answer by Stephanedawn at 1:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• StephaneDawn, what's interesting about your answer is it boils down to this.. you're saying "I can decide when its okay to lie or not. Honesty is overrated, and if I think someone wants to be lied to, I'll lie."

The question of course is this. What if you found out that HE was faking every time he was with you? And that the reason he faked finishing was because he thought it would hurt your feelings otherwise because you can't handle the truth? How would that make you feel?
    krnrobey71

Answer by krnrobey71 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't think it is a lie. I think that it is a woman denying herself of a pleasurable experience and then bitching about how her man cannot satisfy her although she has not told/expressed what is or is not going on.
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 1:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009