Listening In

I'm so excited. I was over at a friends house the other day, and she was having a bible study in her home with a Jehovah's Witness. Well they told me I could stay and listen in, well I said no, I don't want to interupt. I'll just sit over here and watch Tv until your done. So I started watching Jepordy, and I couldn't help but over hear their study. The more I listened the quiter I turned the TV down so I could hear them better. I couldn't believe what my friend is learning. And everyting comes from the bible. It's really cool. So by the end of the study. I was sitting at the table with them, asking questions. I think I'm going to ask for my own bible study, what do you ladies think, do you know anything about Jehovah's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Learning about the Bible is amazing isn't it!!!

Well, here is a link to some great information about Jehovah's Witnesses. I am not a Jehovah's Witness and I do not agree with their teachings. If you have any questions you can msg me.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Thanks for that website. But my only complain was that when it talked about what Jehovah's teach...there was no scriptures. She showed me from the bible the questions that I had. Not just from their books.
    Anonymous

• If you go back to that page click on the title "A Biblical Response to Jehovah's Witnesses" That will give you the scriptures : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm sorry but your website's reasoning from the scriptures makes so sense at all.
    Anonymous

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't know after reading all this information. I just don't know why jehovah's witnesses are the only ones doing the preaching work that jesus commanded, to make god's name known. jehovah is god's name, and jehovah's witnesses are the only ones i know of making it known. i agree with everything i've read about them so far. i just dont' know what my family will think.
    Anonymous

• OP you have to follow your heart. If listening to the JW makes your heart sing then go for it. Your family will come around.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Follow your heart.  You have to find the path the best suits you.  Learn as much as you can on the way....learning is always positive.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Actually, Jehovah is one of many names of god. It is from the Hebrew YHWH. This site discusses the names of God in the Hebrew texts.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2009