is it normal to have a little bit of cramping and brownish discharge come out at 5 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call your doctor and ask, they will give you an answer over the phone and if they feel a need to see you, they will ask you to come in.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• brownish discharge means old blood not new blood- it could be implantation bleeding- also more often than not women will have slight hemorages behind the plecenta which goes away on its own, it could be that as well.
    but its alwayssss better to be safe than sorry-call your OB, but Im sure they wll tell you to come in, you'll get it checked and sent home with clean bill of baby health!
    good luck mama~
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I had cramping and brownish discharge from weeks 5 to 12 and it was completely normal. As long as it doesn't turn pink/red and doesn't become a period-like flow. The cramping should ease up fairly quickly as well, at 5 weeks I was sure I was mistaken about the pregnancy and that I was about to start my period but my 7 or 8 weeks it became more of a nagging pain and less uncomfortable. If you are still worried just give your OB a quick call. Mine always told me to make sure I was drinking plenty of fluids and to lie on my left side for a while.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I done the same thing i was 5 wks last week and had the browish discharge that said it was most likely implant bleeding because it was brown and it was old blood and that sometimes it takes awhile for blood to come down but as long as its brown no worries. This happened to me last friday my appt to see dr wasn't until this past monday I called and told them what was going on he told me to just get off my feet and relax so thats what i did i drank a lot and stayed in bed all weekend it stopped sunday morning or sat night some time. I've been fine since.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2009