Good Deeds! When was the last time you did something nice for a STRANGER?

Anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yesterday at the grocery store there was this old couple behind me in line. She had a calculator and was adding up the couple groceries that they had. Her Husband was trying to put the orange juice back because I don't think they had enough money. So when the cashier started to ring up my things I said I was paying for their things also. They were so sweet and couldn't believe I was doing it. It felt so good, esp because my 3 kids were with me.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yesterday I held a door open for a lady with a baby stroller. Then she went to the ladies room and I watched her baby in the stroller for her. ;-) She was so grateful! It made me feel good to be able to help.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I gave an extra McDonalds gift card I had in my purse to the person behind me this morning when I took my kiddos to breakfast. :o) It only had $5.00, nonetheless we believe heavily in RAK, in our home (Random Acts of Kindness)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• We've been watching the new neighbor's kid for a few hours a day. We haven't actually met the neighbor yet, but her mother came over and explained she has a pretty crippling bout of morning sickness right now.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Pretty much every day of my life.I fully believe in acts of kindness and just hope the one I gave a hand to will give a hand to another.This of course teaches my children good things as well.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It was raining pretty heavily the other day and I was on the way to the gym and I noticed a lady running to the bus stop and the bus didn't notice her and kept going even though she was trying to wave at it to stop. I felt bad since it was raining and she didn't have an umbrella. So, I turned around and gave her a ride.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I found an Iphone in a parking lot. I called the person in the phone book listed under 'mom' and explained that I found this cell phone. She called her daughter to call the phone so we could meet up and I could return it to her. She gave me a nice bottle of wine as a thank you.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I helped an elderly lady to the store over rough pavement the other day. Didn't seem like a big deal to me, but she thanked me so profusely that I have to assume that it doesn't (unfortunately) happen often. :-(
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yesterday on my way home from the store Some peoples horses were out and ran across the road in front of me. They were running all over and I was trying to get the attention of other cars to slow down. Hitting a horse could easily be fatal to the people in a car as well as the horse. Another woman stopped and helped me while someone else watched the road and we got them all gathered up and put back into the fence and had to repair the gate as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Today im going to the post office to send a fellow cafemommer whose in a bit of trouble some clothes for her kids. I feel bad because I shouldve sent it out last week, but hey.. better late than never :(
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2009