How'd You Do it?

My daughter hates milk. She absolutely would prefer that I give her formula for the rest of her life. I'm sure that most children go through this but it's still frustrating. Any suggestions on how to get her to take her milk? She's drank from a sippy since 9 months so it's not an issue with that. She does prefer her bottle but loves her sippy too. I just need her to drink her milk!

prettylilrae

Asked by prettylilrae at 1:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started mixing half milk half formula to my DD cup, and I slowly decreased the formula and increased the milk and now she's totally on the milk and she loves it...

so I would just slowly try adding milk to her formula :)
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 3:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Slowly start adding milk to her formula. A little more each time and eventually it will be all milk.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• just keep trying... my daughter was hesitant at 1st.... I suppose you could try stage 2 formula but let's be honest it's a happy day when you can pick up a gallon of milk instead of keeping up with pricey formula If she eats good when it comes to mealtimes I think just keep trying with the milk have you maybe tried to warm it up just a little ? only a thought
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• good idea kaceesmom I added a little water to my daughters milk at 1st it's a little heavier on the tummy than formula
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• she doesn't have to drink milk as long as she's eating cheese, yogurt and other calcium enriched foods. you can also give her Poly-Vi-Sol, a multivitamin for infants and toddlers.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• she if she will drink cholcalate or strawberry milk that what i had to do for my dd and now my ss.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• When I started my daughter on milk, I replaced one ounce of the water for the formula with milk and as got used to it I replaced another ounce and then another untill I was down to just formula powder and milk. I just used up the rest of the formula powder that way but I dont think she even noticed when it ws not added any more. I think it only took about two weeks to get her on straight milk, but she still preffers it warm, she will only drink a couple sips if its cold. As for adding strawberry or chocolate...I wouldnt. My SIL did that for my neice when she was one and she is now almost three and will not drink regular milk at all and has not drank regular milk in two years. Its just extra sugar and calories they do not need and will be difficult to deal with later on.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• ok ppl are going to say this is not good but my kids doc told me to do this add suger free chocolate syrup to it my kid hates milk but loves it if i do it like that
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009