is a two year old old enough for chores?

My son loves to help out. but he is one messy little man lol. He is good about picking up his toys but only with help which i assume is typical. but i want him to learn how to clean up wtc. I will not be giveing my kids allowence. Did anyone ever make there two year olds do any specific task? if so what?

juansmommy

Asked by juansmommy at 1:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 3 1/2 she is responsible for picking up her toys, her room, taking her dishes to the sink, and she helps with dusting (she does that herself she likes to help so i spray and give her a rag to wipe with) she also "makes her bed" in the morning, (it isn't pretty but she tries)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• my dd loves to help too, she has to put her toys away, and at story time she has to put a book away before she gets another one. she also throws trash away just cause she wants too. like if she drops something on the floor shell hurry up and throw it away, or if theres a peice of paper on the floor shell throw it away. i dug out so many bills lol, i drop them and she tosses them lol. shes just turning two so i dont give her too many things to do, but i feel that she can start learning to pick up her toys and stuff, especially when we go to someones house and shes playing with the other kids toys....
    Anonymous

• my son will be 2 in july and he cleans his roomand helps with the dishes, he sits on the counter and hnds me the plates and silver wear and what not, but other than that...
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It is good to start early, it you did it all for them then they would not learn responsibility, we instill these types of things from a very early age. They do everything you do so why not allow them to be a little independent and do something themselves, pick up toys,'make bed", or something you have them help you with every day. Give them a reward like a sticker or a snack.
    Stephanedawn

Answer by Stephanedawn at 1:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My 26 month old hands me dishes from the dishwasher, helps pick up toys, helps dust, puts clothes in her hamper, those type things.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• DD is 2 and she puts her dirty clothes in the laundry hamper, picks up her toys, helps me wash the car on Sundays ( I give her a small sponge and she is out there scrubbing with me :-) I love to watch her do it, she looks so serious :-) and tells me when she is done with her part (usually I have to go and rewash anyway, but is cute to watch her do things like that and how she wants to help
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My 17 month old helps pick up her toys, sort laundry, dust/clean tables, and sometimes even tries to help sweep the floor. :)
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My 13 mo olds chores are feeding the dog and throwing away his diapers. Both of them are SOOOO fun :) He loves to do them. That will probably wear off eventually.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 9:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!
    roxieandlily

Answer by roxieandlily at 10:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2009