Use Honey to wash your face??

I have seen this answer to some beauty questions recently...does this work to stop acne? How often do you do it? I had never heard of such a thing, so I am just curious. I may give it a try.

MansfieldMomma

Asked by MansfieldMomma at 1:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Honey is a great anti-bacterial.
    Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer. Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think honey is for dry skin so I'm not sure about acne.... I have been looking for a good site that has homemade face masks and such so if you know of any ... let me know.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I sure will!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 1:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Honey can be used to clean your face! It helps acne or blackheads pretty well.
    (make sure you use warm water-it makes it easier to spead then cold)

Also I have a TON of recipes for masks, hair masks,toners,scrubs,tanners etc. Pm if you would like them! I am more then happy to help out! :)
    BostonBree

Answer by BostonBree at 3:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009