If you could raise your children over again, what would you do different?(if there is anything)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• My son is only 6 but I wish that I could have been more happy and fun to be around. Everytime I have drama with my relationship, my son is the one who has to see it and deal with me.

I want to be a stronger mom for him and only let him see the happy side and sometimes the serious side. Plus, I would like to cook more, sit down and have dinner together and give him some responsibilities...he has none.

I guess today is the day that I start being all that I want to be.
    Anonymous

• I believe that I would try and be more understanding, try to be more patient.
    Anonymous

• Not really. I would have loved to not have married their dad but then I wouldn't have had them so I can't change that. I have two that won't speak to me. They think I was too hard on them when I was a single mom. My son hates me for leaving his abusive dad. I can't seem to win but I still don't know what I could have done differently. I did the best i could with what I had. They all turned out to be good productive citizens in their community so I'm ok with the end results. Even with the not speaking to me I tell myself I taught them to be independent and not lean on me. That's a good thing. It's all going to turn out like it's supposed to anyway.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would try to be more attentive to my children and hug them more tell them that I love them alot more, and be more stricter.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing that I would do, I am a great mom. just plain and simple, done everything right so why would I want to change anything
    Anonymous