ear infection...help??

Ok ladie sim 28 weeks preggo. and i have two terrible ear infections.....what can i take for the pain?? And also im trying to find a doctor but hubby insist i should call my obgyn so he can prescribe me something but his office is not even open on weekends.So my other question is could i go to any other regular family doctor so i can get some medicine cause this pain is killing me??

1Adriana3

Asked by 1Adriana3 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try the hospital
    Anonymous

• i beleive that iwas aloud to take tynol for pain...when i first found out i was preggo i had been taking tynol pm for 3weeks by the handful and my dd turned out just fine b ut if ur not comfy with it i would go to the er they would know what to give u for pain....but if that isnt a option then i would find a heating pad and put my ear against it ths helps me when i have ear infection.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 2:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Ask the pharmacist if you can take the over the counter ear drops. They help with the pain and also a heating pad works pretty good. Good Luck
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 2:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• All that my doctor (and any pregnancy website) says you can take for pain is Tylenol.

You need to see your ob/gyn, not a regular doctor. While you are pregnant, your ob/gyn IS your regular doctor. They need to know everything that is going on. Medicine that you are taking, ear infections that you have. Call the on-call number if you are in that much pain. I know how bad ear infections are. I only get them when I am pregnant. I was prescribed amox and took Tylenol for the pain. GL. Hope you start feeling better soon!! (I just got over a double ear infection myself.)
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• tylenol and they can prescribe you an antibiotic
    Anonymous