Help! (military wives)

I dont know what to get my DH for fathers day. He is stationed in Iraq and so the number of things i can get him for fathers day is limited. Any suggestions?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i was going to do either finger paintings from our daughter (she's 18 mos) and another mil wife suggested dogtags with the childs bdate on there.... I understand the limitations... my hubby is also in iraq (IT SUX!) but those are my only ideas so far!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• tons of beef jerkey butt paper and tissues and slim jims and good things to eat, in a box with a commfy pillow!
    maybe some magizines too.
    I sent my friend a care package and you can only send certin things but all he really wanted was beefy treats snacks, TP, tissues and pillows~ LOL
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• it sounds cheesy, but get him a stuffed animal from like build a bear with a message inside of it.
    or go to joanns (or michaels) and get the little animals you can build yourself, and have the child help.
    anything your kids can make for him, or even a bunch of pictures.
    My hubby is set to come home shortly after, so I just got him a few of his fav. magazines, and some of his favorite snacks. But we've done a lot of little craft things. He said that he really apreciated the bears that our kids made for him. he said they stay on his bed. It means a lot to the kids too.
    Anonymous