DRY FLAKY SKIN

ugh I have been havin dry flaking skin for about 8 months so far. When I was pregnant it went away, but has come back since then. I thought it was bc f the winter and the air being so dry here in NE PA, but it summer and I still have it!!
I get this flaky skin on my forhead and my skin get really dry. I put cream on it but it absorbs it right up! Please help andlet me know what I can put on. \i also get it by the side of my nose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I just read that honey is a good moisturizer. Check out the website in the question before this one.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• it sounds like you might have excema,I had to get a perscription to help it go away and once it did go away I started to use aveeno lotion and body wash, they even have sunscreen and it hasn't come back maybe you should talk to your doctor and see about getting a perscription treatment sometimes it's the only thing that helps it go away.
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 3:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If you dont have a cream-based cleanser then I suggest you switch to one. It will help you get some hydration back. Try to wash your face with warm or cold water. Hot water will only make it worse.
    Stay out of the sun if you can since that drys out skin too and try a daily moisturizer like Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer or anything else that has SPF in it. If you are willing to try it-use olive oil on the dry areas. It works very well.
    Moisturizers- if you have dryness as bad as you do an oil base moisturizer would be best but if its moderate then I suggest using a water base or your skin is going to get wicked oily. Look for moisturizers that contain glycerin, dimethicone, hyaluronic acid and 20% urea for extremely dry skin. Also try to make sure they are hypoallergenic if you can.

You could also make a face mask by mixing 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon of honey with 3 tablespoons of powd milk. Leave it on for 15
    BostonBree

Answer by BostonBree at 3:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant. We have a great line for dry skin. feel free to contact me for more info
    sagesmom724

Answer by sagesmom724 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• eucerine cream...worked wonders for me...dont know if i spelled it right lol..its kinda heavy i used it at night after i washed my face
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm an Avon eRepresentative, and we also have some truly amazing moisturizers. Feel free to contact me for more info also.
    If this skin is red, irritated, itchy or anything else, I think you should see a dermatologist before trying anything else. You could have Rosaea, which is pretty common around the nose area. You could also have some patches of eczema or psoriasis. If it's either of these skin conditions, using too many different creams/moisturizers, etc. will cause the condition to worsen. Especially if it has perfumes, fragrances in it. You'll need something that is gentle, yet efffective for your skin type. Use a mild cleanser for sensitive skin with lukewarm water. Then, apply moisturizing cream--not lotion--to your face and make sure it's unscented and hypoallergenic. Be sure not to scrub your face to hard, and use a sunblock that is also made especially for sensitive skin. Again, if you'd like to try any Avon
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• products, let me know. But again, I do suggest you see a dermatologist too.
    lighthousemom3

• I would suggest getting the Solutions a.m./p.m. Maximum Moisture Day Cream SPF 15 and Night Cream from Avon. I would recommend washing your face with Solutions a.m./p.m. Maximum Moisture Refreshing Day Cleanser and Makeup Removing Night Cleanser as well. Don't overwash and with your skin condition I would avoid any type of alcohol based products. It sounds like you're likely having an allergic reaction to products you're currently using. Have you tried switching up products? Also avoid sun exposure at all costs and if you must be outside use a strong sunscreen and wear a hat. You can purchase those items from my website if you would like. I'm offer free shipping right now with any purchase and a freebie! View my profile for information! :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Before purchasing or selling any body product, check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org.
    Are you drinking enough water? You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Are you eating enough healthy fats; try taking flax or hemp oil supplements.
    Coconut oil can be a great moisturizer.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I have problems with my face being really dry. I started using Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser, it works wonders. I noticed for me that a lot of moisterizers makes my face breakout, this does not, It's under 6 bucks at walmart or any grocery or drugstore.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2009