Do you think Dollar Store pregnancy tests are reliable?

My period is late, but I took two tests from the dollar store and they were both negative. But my period is usually very regular. I'm so confused!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They have always been right for me.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• They were wrong for me
    Anonymous

• yep! in fact the first one I took had a faded line and I didnt think anything of it. but yeah it was right lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I used them with my second pregnancy. I took 5 of them I was so shocked I got pregnant so quickly.

For whatever reason your period is late there is a reason. You could be pregnant, but testing too early. And despite how regular your period is, it can up and get wonky out of no where, it can happen to any woman. Stress, weight loss, weight gain, exercise, medications, diet...all these can affect your period. Wait 72 hours. If you haven't gotten your period test again. GL.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• the dollar tree brand works really well, but you need to wait like a week after your missed period to take it and have a positive result, there not ment to detect early pregnancy levels.
    just splurge and by a more expenisve one, it wont hurt-
    good luck!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I used them with both my kids and they were right. Even if you see only a very faint second line you are pregnant.
    CharlotteluvsJ

Answer by CharlotteluvsJ at 2:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I had a friend who used pregnancy test from the 99cent store and she had positive pregnancy tests so they do work, I think that you should wait another couple of weeks and take another one if you still haven't had your period sometimes it takes a while for your hormone levels to climb I know it took over a month for me to get a positive pregnancy test
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 2:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• ha ha ya there right i use them too... you can buy like 5 for 5 bucks they r not supposes to detect earyl but after your missed period.
    Anonymous

• I took a DS preg. test and it worked for me the first time.
    MommytoKenzie08

Answer by MommytoKenzie08 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I got the clear blue digital and found out I was pregnant not even 3 days after my missed period. I usually started between the 4th and 7th, took the test on the 7th and it was positive.They don't cost that much, Like ten bucks.
    MarineWife1108

Answer by MarineWife1108 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009