Did anybody else have a non religious wedding?

I am trying to find vows that are not affiliated with a certain religion. I dont think I will be able to truly enjoy the ceremony with the pressure of writing our own vows and the wedding itself is more to celebrate with familyand friends.
Anybody know of any great vows?

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 2:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We did not write our own vows. The retired judge who preformed our wedding did a lovely job. Actually I didn't have a clue as to what was going to be said during our wedding and was quite happily surprised that he did such a nice job.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I had a non religious wedding. We found a lady that performs weddings at a bridal show and she was great. She had a binder of different types of vows and you could pick a theme or pick each part of the ceremony and what she would say during each part. You could also do your own vows if you wanted, but we chose to go with hers.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Thanks ladies,
    In my state, anybody can marry us so it will probably be a close friend. (I will probably be writing our vows or at least picking them out myself) Just wanted to know if anybody had any "modern" ones handy!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• you can google wedding vows, but i wrote my own.
    I promise to love you.
    thats all I said, my hubby said the same thing!
    it was simple, true, and ment alot!
    Anonymous

• oh you can make it fun!
    like I promise to put the tolite seat down everytime I use the bathroom, and hold your hair up when you puke your brains out, and to let you break my fingers during the birth of our child.
    and you could say:
    I promise to stay with you even after you get old and fat and bald, and make dinner more often than I get chinese take out and make an effort to remind you to take out the damn garbage!
    but most of all, I promise to love you and never say horrible things about your mother.....out loud!
    LOL
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• LMAO...thats too funny. Not sure we are wanting to go that route....lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• There's a book that either libraries have or bookstores carry that has non-religious vows in it. I can't remember the name to save my life though.

I'm having a non religious wedding next May! Go us :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• with my ex i wrote our vows when we were planning on getting married but with my hubby we ran out of time so i picked a old poem that i had written that fit the way we felt about each other and my bil read it for his speach
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• We didn't have vows. We kind of got married on a whim. We woke up just to run some errands and decided we were going to get married. hahaha

Then we had a "show" wedding. We didn't do vows then either. I don't feel I have to display the promises I make to my husband in front of every one and their dog.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2009