could my son's penis be hurting him or does he have some kind of UTI?

this morning my son wouldnt let me put on a new diaper - he let me take off the dirty one but rolled away (cried) when trying to put on a new one, then a second later, he sat up on the bed then peed all over the bed. i thought maybe he knew he had to pee right away and didnt want me to put on the diaper. then this afternoon, he cried during a diaper change, then later he hit his penis -but he normally does that from time to time. i can't tell if something is wrong. help, please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My two year old told us "my wiener hurting" when he had to go to pee. I think it is a sigh of you LO learning to hold in his pee. The next time I would bring him to the potty and see if he goes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• **sign
    Nathskitten

• if he is grabbing himself or if his pee is dark and smelly then he probably has a uti. but he could be just trying to exersice he right to hold his pee.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I agree. As long as you don't see or smell anything weird in his urine, he might be ready to sit on the potty.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 3:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009