Can I have a c-section just because.(not completley ness.)?

I was just curious if you can request to have one if not medically nes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have heard of some places doing that- but I think it isn't reccomended... you should talk to your doctor and see what their practices are.
    brighteyes07

Answer by brighteyes07 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes you can request to have a c section. I HAD to have one because my daughter was breach and not eating from me properly. Although, I wouldnt do it if I were you. After I had my daughter, I didnt really have a connection with her. I felt that someone just handed me a baby. Shes two months old now, and I dont feel that way now. But it was a little awkward at first.
    MommaJaymie

Answer by MommaJaymie at 3:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• really not the best for the health of your child. Also think about how many children you want. c-sections can cause a lot of problems
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• To answer your question: yes. Not all doctors will but there are quite a few women out there that like to be able to "schedule" the birth of their child. I for one was TERRIFIED of vaginal delivery and was adamant that I was going to have a c-section. I just dind't think I could do it. Funny thing was, the closer I got to my due date, the more I wanted to actually be the one to bring this little person into the world! I spent nine months cooking her and by golly I was going to be the one getting the credit for pushen her out :) Whatever your reasoning, think it through and be open to changing your mind. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Its much easier to have a baby normally, than a C-section and a whole lot safer. With a c-section you have possibilties of infection and MRSA. Think long and hard about that decision.Good Luck
    HotMomma45

Answer by HotMomma45 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It would be a very bad idea but if you can find a doctor inept enough to let you, I guess you could.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

Pauline3283