How to get my son to take his nap!? HELP!

My son will not sleep in his crib anymore, he climbs right out screaming! we share a room with him and he has been sleeping in our bed for a few nights. He still took his nap in his crib and did fine. Now he wont take a nap in his crib or our bed. What do i do? we are getting a toddler bed tomorrow. He is tired i can tell so its not that he isnt tired. THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends on Leila's mood with me. Leila has little night terrors at night so when she has those I comfort her by soft classical music or lullabies and a book. Usually by the middle of the second book she is out. Try letting sleep to the tv or movie that you know he just might make him tired. Or maybe something is bothering him like his teeth or stomach. Or he is just trying to test you.
    WEG6986

Answer by WEG6986 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Some children really respond to a "big kid" bed easily my DD did at 17 mo. I wouldnt panic until you try that out first & see how it goes. It make take a little adjusting at first but maybe he'll like it just fine. My DD loves to have a fan going in her room while she sleeps & has all her "friends" (5 stuffies & a blanket) to help comfort her in the night.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2009