What was the first bed you purchased for your toddler?

I have a 17 month old daughter, and she currently sleeps with me..(yeah I know) well she does not let me get ready in the mornings to go to wk. She wakes up and starts crying as soon as I try to get up. So I want to get her her own bed, but I want something cute for her that she will like. I know she's still too small to know what is cute but I'm sure as she gets a lil older she will pay more attention. Anyways, she moves alot at night so I need something what rails, or something I can add some rails to it. Any suggestions???

iri24

Asked by iri24 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • This is the kind of bed my boys have slept in after the crib. I put them in at about 22 months. They maybe fell out a couple of times before the got the hang of it. I just put something soft to catch them if they were to fall out.
    My nieces slept in the too.
    Photobucket
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I got my son a twin bed. They sell rails that slide under the mattresses if you feel that she needs them.
    His bed is just a plain wooden, twin bed, but we let him pick out his new bedding set. That way it is somewhat "grown up" but it is also cute.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• With my first we bought on of those cute little toddler beds. It was about a year later that she wanted a big girl bed. When it was time to get my ds a bed (18 months) we opted to get a twin size bed instead of the toddler bed. Instead of a boxspring we got a bunk board. It' a flat foam covered board used in bunk beds. His bed ended up being no higher than a toddler bed. We put one of those rails that goes between the mattress and bunk board to help keep him in. When it comes to decorating it you have all sorts of options. He was really into the movie Cars so we got him a Lightening McQueen bedset. Now that he's older we will be adding the boxspring.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• That car bed is dang cute!
    My daughter has a white wood toddler bed. A toddler bed is not necessary though. I got one since my daughter's permanent bed will be loft bed and a 2-year-old should never be put into a loft or bunk bed. The toddler bed is a half-step for us until she is old enough for the loft bed.
    You might consider just getting a twin mattress and frame set - no actual headboard yet. If you are concerned she will roll out of bed, start her with just the mattress on the floor. As she gains confidence, you add the box spring under it. Then finally add the frame. This also lets you shop around for what furniture set you want her to have and just buy the headboard for that when you are ready.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You may want to think about getting something that is convertable. Getting a toddler bed may seem like a cute solution but before you know it you may have to shell out more money to buy a big girl bed, so I would try to obtain something that will grow with her. a one stop shop if you will.
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 4:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My daughter has a tinkerbell toddler bed and she has been sleeping on it since 15 months. Since her room is Tink so is the bed. But she recently has had the same sleeping on my bed problem. I try to let her sleep on her bed but the tears and the lateness at night is nuts now. I know she is testing limits but 12:00 or 1:00am is just too late for mew to deal with that. It is a cute bed and she loves napping in it.
    WEG6986

Answer by WEG6986 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/84/c/AAAAAjfqBZcAAAAAAITI_w.jpg

That is the exact bed we have for DD *she is 17 months old* she loves it and has been in it for about a month or so!  Good Luck!  Oh yeah its a Cosco bed :)

SteelersMommy03

Answer by SteelersMommy03 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• one of those 60 doller wood ones at walmart that you pute together.its called a sleigh bed i think
    roxieandlily

Answer by roxieandlily at 10:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2009