If you dilate from 1 cm to 3 cm does it usually take long to deliver?

anvilchick83

Asked by anvilchick83 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 3:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm not sure if I understand your question. Do you mean go from 1-3 quickly? I went from 1-4 quickly and then got stuck at 4 for quite awhile. I was in labor for 20 hrs. I hope some of that answers your question.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• my midwife said some women can be 1-3cm for weeks before delivering.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I was going to say what GreekMama said -- you can stay at 3 cm for weeks before going into active labor. And some women can be closed up tight as a drum until their first contraction, and go to 10cm in no time flat. It varies from woman to woman, and even from pregnancy to pregnancy for the same woman.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I was dilated 1cm on wednesday and friday at 6 30 am my mucus plug broke and the answering service at my doctors office said go to labor and delivery so I went and I was 3 cm. My contractions were 2 min apart for 30 minutes and then were irregular but since I wasnt feeling them they sent me home.
    anvilchick83

Answer by anvilchick83 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009