Is it okay to drink Ensure during pregnancy?

My sister is almost 34 weeks and the baby is measuring only 28 weeks. I suggested that she should drink the Ensure shakes. Is it safe? She is going to call her doctor on Monday to see if it was okay, but I just wanted to get your thoughts.

JenaElliott

Asked by JenaElliott at 3:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was going to drink them but they are expensive i dont see why they wouldnt be it's just vitimins and all that good stuff
    Anonymous

• It's fine. Wal-Mart sells a generic brand.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 3:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I drank Ensures when I was pregnant. I wasn't gaining enough weight during my pregnancy and that helped me gain a little extra.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 3:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yes, I drink them fairly often. I get really hungry around bed time, but if I get I feel sick in the morning. So drinking them fixes that.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009