Genetic predisposition?

Do blacks/African Americans have a genetic predisposition to have strabismus (turned eye)? I ask because I've seen 4 or more black individuals with one or both eyes turned (meaning the iris and pupil are off at an angle away from being centered), yet I've only seen one caucasian person with it, and no Asians. It's just made me wonder if there is a genetic predisposition for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Health

• Black people have alot of misfortunate experiences like they are prone to have Diabetes more than any other race.I don't know why that is maybe because most of them are overweight not from a bad diet but just the way their bodies are.I haven't heard anything about their eyes that way.All I know is most of them are God fearing people and their hardships make them stronger.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 6:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2009