Wedding RSVP

DH and I were invited to his cousins wedding. Its 4th of July weekend and 3 hours away, so we wont be attending. My question is should I RSVP? We received a card to put your name and number of people attending, but what is the etiquette?

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 3:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Even if they are only having cake and punch, the head count determines the size of the cake. RSVP on the card that you sincerely regret you will be unable to attend.
    Write it in if she didn't leave a "not attenting" block available. Turn the thing over and write something nice.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 4:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Send back the card and state that you regret you will be unable to attend their joyous event. RSVP regrets are entirely appropriate, and it doesn't leave them wondering if they have to count you or not.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 3:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• since you are not attending I would say dont send in the card unless there is a spot to say you wont be attending. Because if you RSVP they will be expecting you to go.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yep just say you will not be attending and that you wish them well. It helps them get a good headcount.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You can also just write a personal little note on the dinner card. A lot of people did that for my wedding and it was so nice! I loved getting the little notes.

Also, you should still send a gift even if you don't go to the wedding.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You give them an answer either way...people pay for indiv. dinners and such so they wait for answers you not replying just leaves them in limbo..a nice short..sorry i cant should suffice..and i do agree little notes would be nice!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• RSVP means to Respond, so even with a No we can't come....it's still a needed response. So YES, RSVP

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2009